The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. This course is available to All UI EMS SIO members free of charge, and would otherwise cost up to $60 to take individually.
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card valid for two years
In the classroom, students engage in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
• Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills
• Students engage in simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active, hands-on participation
• Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Classroom format is ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
• Student CD contains supplemental information on topics such as stroke, cardiac arrest, and special resuscitation situations.
• Adult, child rescue breathing
• Adult, child CPR/AED – 1 Rescuer
• Adult, child CPR/AED – 2 Rescuers
• Adult, child relief of choking
• Adult, child bag-mask use
• Infant rescue breathing
• Infant CPR
• Infant relief of choking
• Infant bag-mask use
This course it taught by UI EMS SIO members, for our members, and uses our own equipment in house. We're proud to be able to offer this professional CPR certification to our paid members for Free.